18 November 2008

Conditioning Treatment Must-Haves

My hair is extremely dry and porous, which is really upsetting because I don't even blowdry it. I rely on twice weekly conditioning treatments to keep my split ends from becoming unmanageable. On Sundays I use a protein mask. Right now I'm in the middle of a tub of Frederic Fekkai Protein Treatment. I slather it on my ends and then wrap my hair under a shower cap for an hour or so while I watch TV. A warning about this mask: if you use it too often, your hair actually gets worse, so I recommend once a week. Trust me, I was using it too often and my hair was breaking off, so I would just use it more--it was traumatizing. My hairstylist later told me that too much protein can have an adverse reaction on hair.


One evening during the week I use a deep moisturizing mask. I switch off between Komenuka Bijin and Bumble and Bumble Creme De Coco Masque. I HIGHLY recommend both of these masks; I guarantee that your hair will feel better after using one or both of them. Komenuka Bijin is a line from Japan that uses Rice Bran and other natural ingredients--this has been a staple of mine for years. The Bumble and Bumble mask is fairly new, but is quickly becoming a permanent fixture in my shower. Plus, it smells amazing! Does anyone else have any hair treatments they can't live without??

No comments:

Post a Comment