02 June 2009

Placenta Hair Mask. Crazy, But True.


The Product: Hask Henna 'n' Placenta Dual-Action Pac

The Claim: Nature's most complete conditioning treatment. Strengthens and repairs dry, brittle, lifeless hair. An extra rich formula combining two of natures most complete hair conditioners - neutral henna and natural placenta. Together for the first time to quickly repair and strengthen dry, brittle, lifeless hair. And will not change hair color. The result is ravishingly beautiful hair with manageability you never before thought possible. Placenta extract, derived from animal placenta (Environmentally responsible formula), is combined with amino proteins to revitalize and protect every hairtype.

The Review: Just the thought of slathering my hair in placenta was enough to make me slightly nauseous, and more than a little skeptical. After shampooing my hair, I open the packet (the directions tell you to use the entire packet in one use) and started saturating my hair. There's a lot of product in the packet, so I sectioned off my hair and put them in buns. Then I covered it with a shower cap and let it sit for 20 minutes. After rinsing and styling, my hair has never been more manageable and frizz-free. It shocks me to say it, but my new go-to hair product is a $1.99 hair mask with 'Placenta' in the name. The next day I went to the drugstore and bought out the rest of the stock. You should probably go pick up a packet for yourself before I get to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment