31 August 2009

Tousle Me Softly


I hadn't used Herbal Essences since junior high, so torn between nervousness and excitement when their new Tousle Me Softly collection arrived in the mail. Nervous because do I really want to return to something I used when I was 13? My hair was awful then! Excited because the cheery purple bottles promised my hair would be scented with a "tousled fusion of wild violet & pomegranate." The main thing I noticed in this collection is that it's fairly heavy and weighs the hair down, which I love, but is not for everyone.

Shampoo and Conditioner for a Tousled Look: I am extremely picky about the shampoo I use, but I found that this one worked well, especially when used with the conditioner. I've always felt that the instructions to use products from the same brand was a marketing ploy, but these really complemented each other and left my hair smooth and soft.

Tousle Me Softly Mousse: My favorite product in the collection! Smelled amazing, held my waves, and really cut down on frizz.

Tousling Spray Gel: I liked it as a 'freshener' later in the day for my hair, but thought it was too crunchy when used on wet hair.

Flexible Hold Hair Spray: I know it's bad for the environment, but I believe that aerosol hairspray is an essential. My beliefs have only been made stronger with use of the Tousle Me Softly hairspray. It comes out in more of a stream than a fine mist, and left my hair looking like it was coated in a glaze.

Finishing Touch Cream: I feel like this product is almost misplaced in this line. It would be better packaged as a smoother/defrizzer than a curl enhancer. Either way, this product is great and adds tons of shine. Just make sure to learn from my mistakes--a little goes a LONG way!

No comments:

Post a Comment