12 August 2009

Breakout Central

About six weeks ago my normally oily skin decided to completely break out. I went from an occasional breakout to a 'beard' of acne--terrible cyst-like pimples on my chin and around my mouth. Having a bad hair day or an embarrassing sunburn is nothing compared to the distress I've felt at my face; it has completely destroyed my self confidence. On top of the acne, my lips are terribly chapped and peeling. I'm truly at a loss on how to handle this. I've tried a lot of products, but this acne seems to be more of an internal issue that my body won't let me get rid of. I haven't even wanted to leave the house, let alone post comments on beauty products. It took me almost a week to motivate myself to write this post.
If you've never had bad acne I'm sure this will seem very dramatic; I've always had pretty good skin and before this I would have scoffed at anyone that wouldn't want to leave the house because of their skin. It would have seemed ridiculous. But now I know better. I'll keep you updated on skin situation, but for the near future there won't be many posts on skincare products.
I have tried some great hair products lately, so stay tuned for those reviews!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linds,
    have you changed your diet lately? It is probably the cause of your breakouts...

    Eat right for your blood type is a great book to see what you are allergic to, if anything.
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't changed my diet, or done anything different. I even tried changing my laundry detergent in case that was the problem, but nothing helps. I'll definitely look into that book. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete